Founded upon the Judeo-Christian commitment of ministry to those in need, LiftUp provides charitable assistance, without discrimination, to meet basic human needs, while fostering self-sufficiency.
Do you know what LiftUp stands for?
Life’s Inter-Faith Team against Unemployment and Poverty.
We were founded upon the Judeo-Christian ministry to those in need … In 1996, LiftUp was created as a grassroots 501(c)(3) to serve as an arm of the Routt County Christian Ministerial Association to serve those neighbors in need. Although Routt County has changed, and so has our organization, our vision & mission still honor our founders.
Still today, we believe...
Through this consistent lens of service, we have a vision for EVERYONE TO THRIVE WHERE THEY LIVE. We are all so blessed to live in Routt County, and the beauty that surrounds us shouldn’t be limited to only those that are financially stable. Beauty does not discriminate, and we believe that we should all be able to thrive here.
We are also keenly aware that Routt County has economic challenges that can be masked by our beautiful surroundings.
In Routt County, 11% of our neighbors live in poverty. Routt County had diverse social makeup with the inclusion of Steamboat, West Routt, and South Routt communities. Hayden (14%) and Oak Creek (unpublished) have higher rates of poverty than Steamboat or greater Colorado.
Steamboat has 10% poverty impact and they are also burdened with Income Inequality. Income Inequality is a leading indicator of financial stresses on a community. (to learn more about the impact of Income Inequality, click here.)
Steamboat Springs is ranked #2 in the state of Colorado for Income Inequality (#17 out of 916 US cities). While the top 1% of the Steamboat population makes $2,507,070, the remaining 99% average $71,006. That gap creates a higher cost of living that the majority of residents can’t afford.
Everyday we aim to be good stewards of the monetary and in-kind donations entrusted to us and use all income and gifts efficiently to benefit the neighbors in our community. LiftUp has earned the GuideStar Bronze Seal of Transparency providing information to more than 10 million GuideStar users and more than 200 charitable websites and applications that use GuideStar data.
Click the bronze seal to view our profile on GuideStar, or to request a copy of our most recent 990, please email firstname.lastname@example.org