Our volunteers are one of the most important pieces of LiftUp’s programs and services!
Whether you help sort donations, arrange Thrift Store displays, stock Food Bank shelves, or garden in our greenhouse, you are helping your neighbors in need. Thank you for caring and giving back to your community!
General Volunteer Information
Thank you for your interest in serving as a volunteer on behalf of the clients and mission of LiftUp! During an ongoing complex and unexpected time, your thoughtfulness and concern for the community is valuable and much appreciated. By volunteering, you help ensure we can meet the basic needs of our neighbors.
The COVID pandemic has made us understand that things can change quickly, please be aware our policies and procedures may also change.
You can serve as a volunteer with LiftUp in a variety of ways including regular volunteer shifts, seasonal assistance, and special projects. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Donation Center - volunteers process all the generous donations from our community. Volunteer service may include receiving, sorting, and pricing donations.
- Food Banks - volunteers help out by assisting clients in need, stocking shelves, and unloading deliveries from Food Bank of the Rockies. We also depend on volunteers to assemble Rocket Pack snack packs.
- Grocery & Restaurant Rescue - volunteers pick up food donated by participating grocery stores and restaurants, transport to our Steamboat Food Bank location and assist our staff in unloading it.
- Thrift Store - volunteers assist staff by stocking items, organizing shelves, and displaying goods for sale.
- ProDo (Produce Donation) Drives happen each month at City Market and is a great opportunity for groups. ProDo Drives help LiftUp provide fresh, healthy options to clients who shop in our Food Banks. NOTE - drives have been suspended during COVID-19 restrictions.
Ready to Volunteer? Next Steps...
- Read the How to Volunteer at LiftUp Info Sheet (link below)
- Complete the appropriate Volunteer Application (links below)
- Complete the Background Check Form (links below)
- Return completed forms via email to email@example.com or drop them off at our Steamboat Food Bank location during open hours of operation
- If you must complete court-ordered Community Service volunteer hours please review the Community Service Fact Sheet (link below) and complete the Community Service Application (link below).
- If you have questions contact the Director of People at 970-875-3447 (se habla Espanol)
Roy Morgan, Donation Center volunteer
“I enjoy the social opportunities and the exercise. It is rewarding working for a good cause.”
Cathy Maloney, Food Bank volunteer
“It’s so important to help and support those who have not had the same opportunities and support that I have. The best thing about volunteering with LiftUp is helping the clientele, especially the Spanish and French speakers.”
Margie Franko, Thrift Store and Donation Center volunteer
“I love working with the staff and the volunteers, and I look forward to coming to volunteer at LiftUp! I feel I am giving back to the community by helping out in any way I can.”