We believe that food is the barest minimum need to survive, and when hunger is what you live with every day, the impact is incredible to all aspects of life. We also believe that we can end hunger, and we are starting right here in Routt County.
In Routt, County, 11% of our neighbors live in poverty. That means, over 2,600 neighbors in Routt County could go to bed hungry tonight.
One of LiftUp’s biggest priorities is ending hunger here in Routt County. We focus the majority of our time, energy, and resources finding and serving these neighbors.
Food Bank & Financial Assistance Application
Please review the application AND the Client Document Checklist. Submit your application and required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. If email is not possible, hard copies may be delivered in person to one of our Food Banks during their hours of operation.
Our Case Workers appreciate your patience and will respond to inquiries and requests within 48 hours. Case Workers do not respond on Saturday, Sunday or on federal holidays.
We know that your situation is yours and yours alone. So, if you have questions about whether your situation qualifies for help, please reach out. We are here to help.
LiftUp serves Routt county residents at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level. Please review the LiftUp Guidelines column below as a first step in determining if you can apply for assistance.
In 2020, we distributed 110,098 pounds of grocery items, 1,452 boxes of USDA food staples and provided 75,740 snacks to children through our Rocket Pack Program.
We strive to serve healthy, quality food to our neighbors. The vast majority of that food is donated from generous neighbors, and we constructed our Community Garden & Greenhouse in 2018 to grow our own produce.
As part of ending hunger in our community, we engage all of our resources in many other ways:
- Grocery & Restaurant Rescue - local stores & restaurants generously donate food that is close to expiration. In 2020 we accepted 99,351 pounds through this program.
- Greenhouse - we believe wholeheartedly everyone deserves fresh, healthy food… so we are growing it ourselves! In 2020, we harvested 245 pounds of produce from our greenhouse.
- Community Meals - we work with several organizations to serve meals to our neighbors.
- Sustainability studies in partnership with YVSC - In partnership with the Yampa Valley Sustainability Council we are examining our waste streams as an attempt to document our partnerships with local ranchers and farmers in an effort to minimize the flow of organic food waste to local landfills. I recently was a panelist in a discussion at CMC where local experts shared thoughts on sustainability and agriculture in the Yampa Valley, representing LiftUp.
- Organic Waste Stream Management - We work closely with local ranchers and with Elkstone Farm to turn our food waste into animal food, mushroom growth medium, and compost. We study the effects of this in partnership with YVSC.
Need additional resources for assistance? Look here: Routt County | The Health Partnership Serving Northwest Colorado