Founded upon the Judeo-Christian commitment of ministry to those in need, LiftUp of Routt County provides charitable assistance to meet basic human needs while promoting personal growth and self-sufficiency.
LiftUp stands for “Life’s Inter-Faith Team against Unemployment and Poverty.”
- To serve our clients in a nonjudgmental atmosphere
- To demonstrate compassionate care, respecting the dignity of every person
LiftUp is governed by a 12-to 15-member Board of Directors that represents several community entities, including several faith organizations. The Board of Directors hires and supervises an executive director to carry out and manage the daily aspects of the organization.
View a list of LiftUp staff members here.
- The Food Bank and Emergency Assistance programs opened to the public in May 1996.
The LiftUp Community Thrift Store opened its doors in October 1997.
The South Routt Food Bank in Oak Creek opened in October 2000.
The Hayden Food Bank opened in May 2001.
The Lufkin LiftUp Center, housing all Steamboat Springs programs and offices, was dedicated Jan. 10, 2007.
The LiftUp Community Thrift Store, Donation Center, and Food Bank in Steamboat Springs, as well as the main administrative office, are located at 2125 Curve Court, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487.
- Main office: 970-870-0727; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Steamboat Springs Food Bank: 970-870-8804; 1 to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Thrift Store: 970-871-9327; 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
- Donation Center: 970-879-3374; 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, noon to 3:00 p.m. Saturday
The LiftUpFood Bank in Hayden is located at 118 S. Walnut St., Hayden, CO 81639.
- Hayden Food Bank: 970-276-4214; 1 to 5 p.m. Monday
The LiftUp Food Bank in Oak Creek, servicing South Routt County, is located at 227 Dodge Ave., Oak Creek, CO 80467, in the Community Center building above the library.
- South Routt Food Bank: 970-736-1047; 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday